Monday, July 13

The Day We Met!


Entry 1: It all began one fine day when I noticed this beautiful item up for grabs on Freecycle and went to collect in Halstead (a traditional weaving village) – bloody miles away, and via a journey of conversations with high street shop assistants and backstreet locals! The charming lady who bestowed to me this fine object was at once perplexed and intrigued with my reason for taking it off her hands and we had a nice chat about school, clutter and conceptual art of course! She told me it was her sisters and she’d had it since the early 1960’s and ever since I’ve been imagining the life of this object in its glory days, being opened and closed and used with regular requirement.
But, I hear you think, “what the flipping ‘ell is he gonna do with it?!” …My sentiments exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment