Saturday, October 24

Gold Finger!



Another helpful man I went to see was one Peter Ward of Colchester. He gave me some great advice on how to get the guilding effect I wanted for my numbers and etchings: Guilding Cream - or, as he calls it “Gold Finger!” Mr. Ward showed me the rather high profile work he’s done with the military, making all sorts of clothing, as well as the restoration work he does, which is very impressive - especially the leather boxes - brilliant work! He also just happened to know Mrs. Elizabeth Cannon (see earlier entry); what a small world eh? …well they do both live in Colchester so I guess not that unusual a consequence! Anyway, I also recommend Mr. Ward as a fantastic source of historical data -we chatted for some time about various subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment